- The University of British Columbia conducted a formal third-party evaluation of Discovery Agents led by Dr. Mark Holder.
- The study took place in Calgary using three of Calgary’s eight Discovery Agents Mission sites: Nose Hill Park, Ralph Klein Park, and Devonian Gardens.
- 748 youth between the ages of 10-14 were randomly assigned to one of three groups and then taken through one of the three parks to learn about the location.
- The three groups were a self-guided tour, an interpreter-led tour, or the Discovery Agents app.
- Surveys were administered before and after the tour, with the three educational methods compared against each other.
- The study found that Discovery Agents users had the most fun, and scored the highest on the post-tour test indicating that they learned the most of the three groups.
The study's full results can be found here.